2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Onto week 2 of transfer 7

Hey y'all!

This week has been HOT...REALLY RIDICULOUSLY HOT. But other than that, really good. :) Sister Santos and I rode our bikes two days this week, and we walked one. And then we had a member tell us that this is the hottest weather he's felt here in 30 years. All I can say is...joy to the stinkin' world. :) We survived...somehow. Biking in a skirt is NOT easy...especially when the only street you can go on to get to your investigators' house is the crazy big main street of town. Then you have to wait at stop lights, and try not to DIE as cars go whizzing by you, AND try to maintain modesty. But thanks to the many blessings of our Heavenly Father, we survived to see a new month...and more importantly, NEW MILES! HOORAY!!! ;)

We've dealt a lot this week with people who have been affected by deaths. It's given us a great opportunity to share the Plan of Salvation with people. The Spirit has really been strong in so many of our lessons. I feel so lucky to be able to be with these amazing people here in Houma. We are teaching some truly incredible people, and it's been amazing to watch them grow to love the gospel more and more. We've got an amazing ward who really welcomes people in with open arms. What a tender mercy from the Lord.

We've also been blessed to have some awesome training experiences with our mission president. I know without a doubt that President Woods is inspired by God, and that if I will do my best to follow his instructions with exactness, we will see that tsunami of miracles promised by Elder Kikuchi. I'm trying to be more obedient, and I'm quickly discovering the areas where I am the weakest. I can't help but think of President as our Captain Moroni---fortifying our weakest points against the advesary, and strengthening our hope and faith in our Savior.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! There is nowhere else I'd rather be. Nowhere.

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers. I know I've seen the blessings from them. Keep those letters coming!

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

No comments: