2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, June 15, 2009

SERIOUSLY...I swear I JUST got here!

Time moves too fast. That's all I'll say, because I know y'all are probably sick of me saying it.

This week has been bittersweet. I said goodbye to Sister McKay; she flew back to Temple Square on Wednesday. I did get to go on exchanges with Sisters Boulter and Horan, which was a lot of fun. And I picked up my new companion, Sister Santos from Sao Paulo, Brazil. She's awesome, and we're going to be rockin' it down here! ;)

We had an amazing surprise yesterday. Kim and Chris Parfait came to church! They were part of that family of nine that came last week. Because of the chaos of dropping off Sister McKay and picking up Sister Santos, we didn't have a chance to see them before Sunday. We weren't expecting to see them at church. But they came on their own, and they really liked it, and the Spirit was so strong, and we committed them to prepare to be baptized on July 11th! We had an AWESOME lesson with them yesterday about the Plan of Salvation, and they really liked it. We challenged them to read Moroni 10, and to take Moroni's challenge. Our only worry with them is their financial situation right now. It's a long and complicated story, but through no fault of their own, they might be out of a place to live on Wednesday. We're praying for them so hard. They are such an amazing family, and they have such strong faith in Jesus Christ. Kim told us that, "We know that God loves us, and He'll make things work out." That was it. No complaining, no comments of doubt or worry. Just pure faith in Christ. So I'm determined to do my part, and add to their faith mine.

I know that we were supposed to meet this family. There is no doubt about that in my mind. I know that God is very aware of them, and that everything will be okay. And I'm going to do everything in my power to help them. I'm going to pray harder than I ever have before, and I know that God answers prayers. Look at what He did for Alma the Elder----Alma prayed an angel to his son. I don't expect an angel. All I expect is an answer, and I know that He will give one. He loves this family more than I do, and that's what matters most.

I love y'all, keep those letters coming, and I'll talk to y'all next week!

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

P.S. Enjoy the pictures! That's Sister Worthey's BEAUTIFUL red Camaro that I'm sitting in. Oh yeah, it was amazing. ;) Also, a picture of us with the Wortheys (Sister Worthey was goofing off---she probably won't be too happy about me sticking that picture on here...oh well), and a picture of the Thibodaux, or "Thibodizzle," district. :)

No comments: