2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Blessings from heaven and tender mercies of the Lord!

Hey y'all!

This past week was really REALLY good. Friday, we got to go to New Missionary Training at the mission home, and I got to see Sister Pilette and Sister Bunker, and I got to meet Sister Hill and Sister English! It was an AWESOME start to an AWESOME day! The Spirit was so strong in our meeting, and so many things were said that seemed like they were directed just to me. Isn't it so cool how the Spirit works?! It was a super-charged boost to my spiritual battery, and I loved every minute of it---even the hour and a half drive there and back. (Of course, that's probably because we got to ride with Elders Hudson and Bounds, and those two are just funny, so the ride went super fast!)

We had a good but uneventful 4th of July. We had to come in early Saturday night, but we got to watch some fireworks from our apartment, which was cool. Sister Santos asked me to sing the national anthem for her, and I got to tell her what I could remember of the story behind the poem that Francis Scott Key wrote. It really brought a lot of things into perspective for me, and I was very grateful for the blessings of liberty and freedom that so many people gave up their lives to protect---then and now.

Sunday was AWESOME! I love fast and testimony meeting! The Spirit was so strong. We had three of our investigators there who have baptismal dates, and they all said they loved every minute of church. Miss Rita read from Mosiah chapter 18, verses 8 to 10. As she began reading verse 10, her emotions were very close to the surface, and there was such a sweet spirit in the room. I'm pretty sure the Lord confirmed in her heart that her decision to be baptized was the thing He desired for her.

Next email---we'll have some baptisms to report on! Truly, I am in complete and total awe at the tender mercies of the Lord. This will be the first baptism that I've actually had a major role in, and I feel SO blessed to be a part of it. Kim, Chris, and Rita are absolutely GOLDEN, and I cannot believe how blessed I am to be one of the missionaries who found them and had the privelege of teaching them. It's still very surreal to me. I'm so humbled that the Lord has allowed me to be a part of this great work!

I love y'all! Keep sending letters, pictures, whatever. They make my day.

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

No comments: