2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Bonsai!

Elder Kikuchi, when he toured our mission in February, told us that the word 'bonsai' meant 'hallelujah'. He also told us that if we would be 100% morning schedule missionaries, and read from the Book of Mormon 30 minutes every day, we would experience a spiritual tsunami and that the number of convert baptisms in our mission would double. I thought it was appropriate to title this email/blurb 'Bonsai!' because of the blessings and tender mercies the Lord has poured out upon us here in the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission.

In July, we saw the beginning of the fulfilment of that promise from Elder Kikuchi. We were blessed to see 41 people enter the waters of baptism for our entire mission---five of which Sister Santos and I were personally able to see. As for August, we're still seeing many miracles, and we have three investigators with baptismal dates for this month so far. Elder Kikuchi also promised us that if we would contact at least 80 people a week, our teaching pool would be full. I have personally seen this blessing in the work here in Houma, and can humbly add my testimony of how it's affected me as a servant of the Lord. There really are good people out here, searching for the truth. And they aren't just in the poorer parts of town. There are good people everywhere, and they all deserve the chance to hear the gospel.

This last week we had our zone conference, and I cannot express enough gratitude to the Lord for the inspired messages we heard there. I don't know what everyone else got out of them; it felt as though President and Sister Woods and Elders Broadley and Nnah were talking directly to me. Seriously, every single thing that was said was an answer to a struggle or question I'd been having. I am in awe and amazement at how merciful our Father in Heaven truly is. I am so blessed! And I deserve absolutely none of it. How tenderly our Savior loves us! It truly gives us reason to rejoice, to shout, "Bonsai!" I am so grateful that I get to be a servant of the Lord here in Louisiana.

I love you all! Y'all are just awesome! Keep on keepin' on, and know that the Savior yet lives! He loves each and every one of us, as does our Father in Heaven. They desire only the very best for us, and as we listen and follow Their instructions, we will receive so many blessings that "there shall not be room enough to receive [them]." (Malachi 3:10) The power of prayer is very real---Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees. I know God lives, I know He loves me. I know He hears and answers prayers. I know that because of His tender mercy and the power of the priesthood, our families are united for all eternity. It is my privilege to bear this witness of our Father and of our Savior, and I do so in the sacred name of the Savior Jesus Christ, amen.

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

No comments: