2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TRANSFERS!!!!

Okay y'all, I really only have time for one email today---I've got to go pack. Yup, you read that right. They're shipping me out. I'm off to Houma, which is as south as you can go. I'm headed into Cajun country! Ah ma chere! I'm excited. My new companion is Sister McKay; she's one of the ones who got to come up and do splits with us. I'm super stoked! I only get her until the 10th of June though, because then she flies back (either to Temple Square or to home...I'm not sure). So come June, I'll be getting a new companion before everyone else. Dang. CRAZINESS. The plus side---I'm pretty sure I get to come back up to Baton Rouge for New Missionary Training, so I'll get to see some familiar faces again.

As for Sister Horan, she's going just down the road a bit to Gonzales. She gets Sister Boulter as a companion, and I am way excited for both of them! They are going to tear it up out there!

Elder Jamsa is being released from the office for his last six weeks, and he's opening a new area on the Texas border. He's really excited. I'm happy for him too, though I am kinda bummed. Today will probably be the last time I see him...until like mission reunions or something. He's been the best district leader any missionary could ask for, and he's set such a great example for me. I really admire and look up to him. He's going to do great things in Fields.

As for Elder Stratton, he's staying in the office, and he gets Elder Snow as his companion. I HEART ELDER SNOW!!! He's a riot.

As for Prairieville, President Woods is combining it with the office elders area, so Elders Stratton and Snow will take over where we left off with Honor, Shawn, and Karla. We have been majorly blessed this last week---we've had two AMAZING lessons with Shawn, and she wants to be baptized! We're so excited. She's reading the Book of Mormon and loving it, and we've got her hooked up with a couple of members, so hopefully this transition will be a bit easier.

I hope everyone told their mothers how much they loved them on Sunday. I know I did!!! :) Seriously, my mom rocks. I'm so grateful for her.

Well, that's it for me! I love you all! As for letters and stuff, hold off on sending them until I can get y'all my new address. The office address worked great while I was here, because I was two minutes away from the office. Now, it's a bit further....like an hour and a half further. :)

Keep on keepin' on everyone!

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

No comments: