2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Houma, BLESSED HOUMA!

Hey y'all!

Again, no time....big surprise. I arrived safely in Houma, Louisiana, after playing follow-the-leader out of Mettairie and taking the scenic route back (meaning that it was the blind leading the blind) on Wednesday, and I've loved every minute of it! Houma is AMAZING! The people here are so friendly, and so willing to talk to us---of course, making progress with them is often difficult, but hey, I'll take what I can get for now!

My companion, Sister McKay, is AMAZING!!! I love her guts. We are loving life down here. Our motto thus far is, "The Grand Adventures of McKay and Pedersen..." because really, everyday is an adventure of some sort. Neither one of us really know where we're going, and that's half the fun of things! YIPEE!!!

The weather continues to heat up...I'm surviving, suprisingly enough. The scenery down here is SO different from Prairieville---different colors of green, the clouds seem lower/closer to the ground, and the town itself is SO much smaller. But I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I'm hooked on Houma.

We got to see a baptism on Saturday, which was so much fun! Dosheeka is an amazing girl, and she's so solid. I also got to bear my testimony to an investigator about why I came on my mission. No investigator has ever asked me that before, and I was blessed to have an "ah-ha!" moment. The Spirit touched my spirit, and I knew without a doubt that I was out here for the right reason, and that gave me such comfort and assurance. God FREAKING ROCKS!!! :)

Well, I'm outta here y'all! Oh! Before I forget, here is my new address. SEND ALL MAIL HERE, because the mission office is no longer three minutes away from my apartment. :)

Sister Pedersen
485 Grand Caillou Apt. E
Houma, LA 70363

I love y'all, and I'll talk to y'all later! Keep on keepin' on!

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister Pedersen

No comments: