2 Corinthians 4:5

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Only two weeks left in this transfer? You've GOT to be kidding me!

As you can tell by the subject line of this email, time is moving way too FREAKING fast. :) Just in case ya'll were wondering.

Not much to report on this week. We called in reinforcments with Honor and Damian---and the office elders came to the rescue! Our district leader, Elder Jamsa, is AMAZING. He is an incredible missionary, and a great example of obedience and faith in Jesus Christ. We had a joint lesson with them on Friday, and would have had another on Saturday, but I got sick, and was confined to my apartment all weekend. (Boo hiss!) So they went over and taught Honor and Damian some more Saturday night, and lo and behold, they both came to church on Sunday and stayed for almost all three meetings! That is most definitely a step in the right direction.

I also was blessed to have a very humbling experience this week. We were teaching an older couple, Mr. Freddy and Miss Audrey, and because they'd told us they believed everything we'd taught them, we extended the commitment to be baptized. Freddy told us that he couldn't do that, because he'd already been baptized once, and that being baptized again would be saying that his first one wasn't valid, and he couldn't do that. So I tried to explain about proper authority, and how Christ didn't go to Simon down the street, but He'd gone to John the Baptist because John had the priesthood authority to baptize. Freddy and I talked in circles for probably about twenty minutes before I stopped and took a step back to look at the situation. That was the closest to bashing I had ever been, and that realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt awful. I let Freddy finish talking, and then we thanked them for the time they'd spent with us, and we left. I thought a lot about that this weekend, and I realized that I had been trying to convince him on my own. Obviously, that doesn't work. I'm very grateful that I was able to stop just for a second so I could hear the Holy Ghost telling me that this wasn't working. It was a lesson that I needed badly to learn, and now that I have, I don't plan on forgetting it.

I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again, but I feel like I'm cheating out here; I'm supposed to be teaching people, and instead it feels like I'm the one doing all the learning! Oh well---God lets it work this way, so it must be okay by Him. :)

That's all for me. Love ya'll!

Your Friend in the Faith,
Sister P.

No comments: